- 2000 KW CAT generator
- 4000 amp 480 volt service
- 4000 amp ASCO closed transition transfer switch
- 750 KVA transformers in a double ended configuration
- Poured 1900 yards of concrete
- Installation of 20,000 feet of conduit
- Installation of 80,000 feet of feeder conductor
Placer Electric Incorporated was selected to perform all necessary electrical construction for the Citrus Heights Switching Power Center Upgrade. This project involved working with Peters Engineering of Sacramento in a partnership with Surewest Communications (formerly Roseville Telephone Company) to design and construct a new power distribution system with generator and UPS backup power.
PEI was the prime contractor for this project. The work was performed under tight time constraints while keeping the telephone switching equipment operational without interruption. The electrical systems were increased by four fold. All remaining electrical switchgear was refurbished and brought up to current standards.
Contractor: Placer Electric Incorporated